The town bridge which spans the harbour was built in 1930. This is 350 years after the first bridge was built. Originally it was the south side of the harbour that was called Weymouth and the north side was called Melcombe Regis. Follow this link for a more detailed explanation.
July 2011 - From the Melcombe Regis side. The bridge was being raised to let some yachts through.
April 2007 - An evening walk around the harbour. Old Weymouth is on the far side.