A grey and overcast visit to Antony House. The building of the present house at Antony was started in 1720 by Sir William Carew. There have been Carews at Antony since the early 15th century. The house was placed in the care of the National trust in 1961. The Carew family still live in the house. Follow this link to the NT site for the house.
The southern side of the house and the main entrance.
Another view showing one of the two colonnaded buildings at each side of the southern forecourt.
The view form the main house entrance across the southern forecourt and beyond to the avenue of horse chestnut trees.
The garden to the north of the house and the view down to the River Lynher.
The northern side of the house and terraces.
The eastern colonnade at the front of the house.
A longer view of the house and southern walled garden.